13 Reasons Why You Need to Get Salesforce Certified
We are delighted to collaborate with guest blogger Paarth Jolly on the 13 Reasons Why You Need to Get Salesforce Certified and the many incredible benefits that come along with it.
A little background on our Guest Blogger:
Paarth Jolly is the CEO and Co-founder of Your Virtual Experts and Co-organizer of the Chandigarh Salesforce Developer Group. Paarth also holds the distinction of being the youngest Salesforce DUG Leader in the Salesforce Community. He’s also got quite a few certifications under his belt as well.
Are you looking to enhance your career, join a growing and vibrant community and travel the world? Then, it’s time to become Salesforce certified! And if you’re already certified, why not elevate your status to MVP? A Salesforce MVP is a valued thought leader recognized throughout the Salesforce community, always giving back by helping others.
Here are 13 Reasons Why You Need to Get Salesforce Certified…
1) Enhance Your Career - Salesforce Developers, Architects, and Administrators are some of the most in demand positions recruiters actively seek on a daily basis.
In fact, a basic job search on LinkedIn for the term "Salesforce" in the United States generates over 47,490 results! Not to mention the fierce competition in job applications. And speaking of LinkedIn, make sure you add any Salesforce certifications to your LinkedIn profile to stand out and highlight your skills.
***3.3M jobs will be created in the Salesforce ecosystem by 2022.
(h/t Mason Frank Salary Survey)
2) Earn More - Salesforce professionals are well compensated. Did you know that the average salary of a Junior Developer in the United States starts off at over $110,897. And if that’s not too shabby, freelance developers and architects can tip the scales and make 3x-4x as much, depending on skill and experience.
You can check out the full 2018 Mason Frank Global Salesforce Salary Report here to get a better perspective on how much you can earn and the various salaries in the Salesforce industry.
3) Increase Your Knowledge - One of the best things about getting Salesforce certified is the amount of knowledge and skills you get along the way. With over 150,000 customers in its massive portfolio, it’s no wonder why Salesforce is the #1 CRM platform in the world.
In fact, as you delve deeper into the platform, you will discover various tools that you’ll find extremely helpful in your role as Developer or Administrator.
Every company needs a CRM, regardless of industry or size. You’ll be able to help companies leverage the many benefits of Salesforce and increase their overall ROI. And in turn, increase your value as a certified Salesforce professional.
4) Become Well Versed in IT - Salesforce developers are among the most sought after service professionals in the workplace. Salesforce provides you with all the tools to build apps and gain information through a well connected community of Salesforce Developers or via GitHub .
Whether you choose to develop using the Heroku framework or build invaluable apps on the AppExchange as we do at CloudTech, you’ll learn a ton in the process and further boost your credentials as a well versed IT expert.
5) Value to Any Employer - When someone asks what is the difference between Force.com and Salesforce.com? You’ll be able to tell them that Force.com is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), while Salesforce.com is Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). You’ll also be able to distinguish between the various service clouds and which ones fit your particular business or org.
So, what does this mean to you? It shows that you can answer any type of technical question and provide a quick solution, further increasing your value as a Salesforce expert, giving you an edge in the incredibly saturated job market.
Another important and often overlooked issue is equality in the workplace. Salesforce stresses a great deal of importance in creating equal pay and diversity in the workplace. This culture, affectionately known as Ohana, makes Salesforce the most innovative company in the world.
6) Ability to Problem Solve at Any Level - It’s really no secret that Salesforce professionals are among some of the brightest minds in the world. Not only are you able to explain complex technical integration issues with ease, you’re also heavily depended upon to do so.
Each Trailhead badge earned is another chapter of Salesforce knowledge acquired. And through the simplest of badges comes the confidence to tackle the most difficult of issues, with or without prior experience.
7) Remain Ahead of the Game - Imagine you are applying for a position as a Senior Analyst or a Senior Data Engineer. You’ll be competing for that same position with hundreds, if not thousands of applicants. What can set you apart from the crowd, besides actual hands-on experience, is your portfolio of Salesforce certifications.
Each certification puts you one step ahead of the game and tells employers that you have the necessary demonstrated skills to handle multifaceted issues. That extra certification could literally mean the difference between you landing that Senior Data Engineer position or someone else getting the nod.
8) Improve Your Analytical Thinking - Learning how to code in a totally different language such as Apex will help broaden your analytical thinking. There are certain certifications such as Platform Developer and App Builder that will give you the critical developmental skills needed to perform various tasks on the Force.com platform and push you to think outside-of-the-box.
These skills are absolutely fundamental, especially when you have a large scale client with many specific demands and a very tight schedule. Even if you’re paired with other highly intelligent IT professionals from the client, you’ll still feel confident to lead the way.
9) Travel the World - One of the most amazing things about being in the Salesforce loop is the ability to travel to all parts of the world to attend inspiring conferences and User Group meetups, organized by the awesome members of the Salesforce community.
Whether you’re going skiing high atop the stunning Utah slopes in Snowforce or sampling some of the finest wines in Uruguay during Punta Dreamin’, you’ll definitely appreciate your job a whole lot more!
And then, there’s the most coveted Salesforce event of the year, Dreamforce. Dreamforce being the pinnacle of all Salesforce events is a 3-day Salesforce extravaganza held in San Francisco, which features keynote speakers, live music, on-site demo booths, and celebrity appearances galore. You’re also able to get certified on the spot.
10) Become Part of the Trailblazer Community - Do you have a question and or need some feedback on a particular project? You can count on the awesome Salesforce Success Community to come to the rescue! Network with thousands of Trailblazers throughout the world on various discussions and offer helpful input when needed.
The Salesforce certification will get you more familiar with the lingo and popular topics circulating throughout the forums. Alternatively, you can feel free to add your suggestions to the IdeaExchange or help other Trailblazers get their ideas into fruition by voting for them.
11) Prove to Yourself That You Can Do It - Some of the exams are going to be incredibly difficult. You might even fail it the first or second or even third time. But don’t let that deter you from completing that certification, no matter how hard it might be.
We all feel the urge to rise up to the challenge and prove to ourselves, first and foremost, that we can accomplish the task put in front of us because the reward is sheer satisfaction and a tremendous boost of self-confidence.
Take the time to really study and learn the materials before you take your exam. The feeling of passing and seeing your name a Salesforce Certified Professional is well worth it. Trust me on that!
12) It’s Fun and Addictive - In addition to the various Salesforce certifications are badges (lots of them), which you can earn through Trailhead, by simply completing various modules and projects. And let’s admit it, it’s fun!
Salesforce has an uncanny ability to gamify it’s challenges while helping you learn Salesforce. As a matter of fact, we did a very well received blog post a while back on How Salesforce Trailhead Leads the Way in Gamification with Salesforce MVP, Chris Edwards.
Now, there’s a term you’ll become more familiar with as you continue to blaze your path throughout your Salesforce journey, and that is Salesforce MVP. A Salesforce MVP is recognized for outstanding contributions among the Salesforce community. You might achieve that status faster than you know it! And it all begins with that first Salesforce certification.
13) Free Swag - Salesforce knows how to spoil fellow Trailblazers with awesome swag. They routinely dish away tons of free goodie bags at events such as Dreamforce and other Salesforce gatherings. And be honest, who doesn’t love getting free stuff?!
As a certified Salesforce professional, you have access to some of the best events in tech, and the cool goodie bags that come along with it. Tons of cute Teddy bears for the kids to play with, and inspire them to follow in your footsteps and one day become a future Salesforce Certified Professional themselves!
Feeling a bit more inspired to get that coveted certification? We hope so. And remember, It’s never too late to become Salesforce certified!
A special thanks once again to our guest blogger, Paarth Jolly for taking the time to contribute. We look forward to future collaborations!